Saturday, March 21, 2009

Wrestlemania Predictions

I recently, 3/17/09 to be exact, made up my mind about who was going to win what at Wrestlemania 25 this year. One of my choices has already lead my friend Bobby to tell me I'm an idiot so please feel free to comment on my choices.

25 Diva Battle Royal:

Mae Young? I would think so as they seem to enjoy wheeling her out and having her put on geriatric strip shows.

Money in the Bank Ladder Match:

I'm picking Shelton Benjamin to win this. Out of all the participants I only see two that could believably beat a champion, Christian and Shelton Benjamin. While I do like Christian I do know that Vince doesn't so that leaves me with option two. Benjamin has been involved in every Money in the Bank match and is always a noteworthy participant. He finally has a gimmick that is decent and his mic skills have improved over this past year. He is an amazing wrestler in the ring, good enough that if you had to face him out of the blue your championship would be in jeopardy.

Shawn Michaels Vs. The Undertaker:

Taker is going to keep the streak alive and defeat the Heartbreak Kid...not without putting on a sensational match though.

Jeff Hardy Vs. Matt Hardy (Extreme Rules):

EXTREME! Jeff is going to win this match for sure. The build up for this has been lackluster which explains why they made it an extreme rules match so that people will be more interested. I love those types of matches and I'm sure these two will put on a quality match. Hopefully this will have Matt Hardy change his look after this and drop all those trinkets he wears on his pants...trinkets are not extreme.

JBL Vs. Rey Mysterio (Intercontinental Title):

Hey hey hey! An IC title bout at Wrestlemania! People love watching rich guys from New York who dress like cowboys getting beat up by masked men so expect Mysterio to gain the IC title.

The Miz & Morrison Vs. The Colons (Tag Team Unification):

The Miz and Morrison beat these guys every time they fight and they stole their girlfirends last week, burn! As a tag team The Colons are lame and should lose to Miz and Morrison at Wrestlemania, especially if we are trying to decided who the real tag champs are. I am hoping this match will be a showstealer as all the talent involved are capable of putting on an awesome match.

Edge (c) Vs. Big Show Vs. John Cena (World Heavyweight Championship):

Expect Cena to walk out as the champion as he usually does at Wrestlemania. With any luck this will finally end Edge and Vicky being "married" as the idea of anyone sleeping with her makes me pray for death.

HHH (c) Vs. Randy Orton (WWE Championship):

This is the one where Bobby told me I was an idiot! Randy Orton is going to win this match! Will HHH beat the hell out of him? Definately, but it is Ortons time and mark my words he will be WWE champion after Wrestlemania.

There you have it folks! I'll check back to this in a couple weeks to see what I got right. Feel free to post your predictions in the comments below...or just tell me I'm an idiot.

**UPDATE** Added 3/24/09

Chris Jericho Vs. Jimmy Snuka, Ricky Steamboat and Roddy Piper:

I am a Jerichoholic through and through but I'd be a fool to think you can beat up old men and harass a movie star for a couple of months and not get what is coming to you at Wrestlemania. I love Chris Jericho but the legends will have their day in the sun in this one.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, Chad...Ill bite...here we go...

    Diva Battle Royal: I litterally couldnt care. Im gonna go out on a limb and say Santino makes his way into this thing and comes away with th victory.

    MITB: Ill agree with you on this one. 4 MITB and no wins for Shelton doesnt work for me. I could see Kofi possibly coming away with it but thats really un-likely. CM Punks already won, and you know no one from ECW is gonna win. The 25th anniversary of WM will be Golden not Silver.

    HBK/Taker: Like Im not gonna take HBK in this one. I dont think they'll end Takers streak ever, but like Im not takin my god.

    Hardy/Hardy: Terrible build uo. 2brothers, both long time staples in the company, I should be emotionally invested in this mmatch, but Im not. Ill say Jeff comes away with the win.

    JBL/Rey: 25 Wrestlemanias and ti is apx the 6th IC title match. Ive never been a Rey fan and I love JBL so Im goin with the big man. I dont like Rey on Raw. He needs to move after the post WM draft.

    MNM2/Colons: Huge fans of both. Morrison is a future star. I dont see MNM losing this one simply for the fact that I think Carlito and Primo will fued in the near future. Also there little chicky is gonna turn on em and cost em the titles.

    Cena/Edge/Show: A Cena win. The title has to come back to Raw. plus, I mean c'mon, as Vince and co. would have us believe, Cena is indistructable.

    HHH/Orton: Id love to aree with you sir, because Cena will walk away with the title, HHH will as well. Id love to see Orton get a win for the title over HHH at WM but its not gonna happen.

    Y2J/Legends: Y2J is onna catch a beat down. I wouldnt expect this match to be A+, these guys are old. Y2J is gonna have to carry this one wiich is ok cuz he can sell a solid beaing. Im interested a to where they go with him fter this. Hes the best heel in the company so I wanna see where this takes him.

    Thats all sir. Id love to debate this with you tonight but Ill be at NKOTB....ok, thats a lie, Ill be working, but a man can dream.

    Brian

    ReplyDelete