Saturday, March 28, 2009

Do Not Push Brian Kendrick


See this guy pictured to the left here? His name is The Brian Kendrick and I'm officially over this guy. He needs to go away. Allow me to elaborate on why I think this should be.

First off his name is terrible, it means nothing to the audience. The word "the" should only be placed in front of action verbs with an -er for a wrestler name, like The Crusher or The Tickler. You know what you are getting there, a guy who crushes things and a guy who tickles things. With The Brian Kendrick I guess I am getting the best of all the Brian Kendricks. That would be okay if I had a frame of reference, like if I knew other guys named Brian Kendrick and they were all over the top people. Then I could say "Wow, the five Brian Kendricks I know are infamous! This guy must be outrageous since he is THE Brian Kendrick!". That would be great if it was the case but it is not. He is not the very best of a group of outrageous individuals that all share the same name. He is a guy that can not think of a cool name to save his life.

There is also the matter of his attire. Look at that jacket pictured above, it's terrible. It is slightly cooky but not enough to really say that you are really an outrageous person. Especially considering in contrast to other more wilder looking wrestlers on the roster. This coat looks like he dug out of the closet in the WWE wardrobe room, no one was ever going to wear that thing. It also does not really fit him, it is too long for his arms so he looks like a child in it. That does not really help him since he is a small competitor already. If you want to have your character wear outrageous clothing then go over the top with it. A fine example is Shawn Michaels, pictured to the right. Shawn understood what I am talking about since day one. A wrestler is like a living comic book character, so dress like it. Since Kendrick is a graduate of Shawn Michaels wrestling school you would think he would know this. Instead I have this guy prancing around in a jacket that even Haddaway would not be caught dead wearing.

Then there is his adviser Ezekiel Jackson, pictured to the right. He is a big man and he definitely looks like he could beat people up...but why does he always come out dressed in white linen? He is way too casual for my tastes. He dresses like a guy that should be walking the beach in the Caribbean. He just hangs out on the outside of the ring in his loose fitting, breathable clothes and watches The Brian Kendrick toodle around the ring. It bores me and I wish it would go away. They should really set Ezekiel Jackson up with a good gimmick and run with that instead.

To Kendricks credit I do think he has some talent in the ring itself, he is a capable wrestler. I just can not get over how lame his character is. He has had many opportunities to let us know who The Brian Kendrick is but it just has not worked. He has had his time in the sun now please let another wrestler try their hand in the spotlight. I know a certain individual that looks like a viking that could use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment