Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thoughts on the Draft

Well the WWE certainly made some interesting decisions for the draft this year. I'll detail my thoughts and what transpired on the draft aired on TV and the supplemental draft which occurred on WWE.com.

I don't really understand why HBK, HHH, Cena, Batista, Randy Orton, and the Big Show all need to be on RAW. The main event part of RAW roster is now bloated in my opinion, complete with two world champions. This does make it a really difficult time for anyone who is in the mid card area to try and move up the ranks. I hope that guys like MVP, Matt Hardy and The Miz do not get buried during this time as they have all had good years and I would hate to see there futures cut short due to this.

Having The Miz attack Morrison was foolish to me. They already wrestled on every show anyways despite the fact they were ECW guys so why not let them just stay friends but be on separate brands? They work well together and they could always help each other out in the singles careers by randomly getting involved in matches to help the other cheat. You get to keep The Dirt Sheet and you get them building their own careers, win/win in my book.

While having The Miz attack Morrison was foolish in my book nothing was as foolish as splitting Hornswaggle and Finlay. Am I to believe that the WWE has plans for Hornswaggle, the leprechaun midget is you are unfamiliar, to be a singles wrestler? I'll have to wait and see I guess but it has left me scratching my head.

Smackdown has the potential to be a solid wrestling show now. This is assuming that they stop having it be a 2 hour recap for RAW as it has been lately.

ECW lost some good talent which has helped make it a quality show as of late. I hope that their new talent initiative will bring in some fresh faces who can capture the recent magic the show has had.

Overall the draft has left me a little confused. I am thinking things will be clearer once Backlash comes to a close at the end of this month but for the moment I'm left wondering who thought the majority of these moves were a good decision for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment