Sunday, April 5, 2009

Wrestlemania Results

Well I didn't fare to well with my predictions this time around. Let's take a look and see how everything turned out.

25 Diva Battle Royal:
(Wrong)

I had a hard time figuring out who was even in this match and I did not envy the announce team while this mess took place. Santina Marella was crowned the first ever Ms. Wrestlemania, winning the hearts of millions.

Money in the Bank Ladder Match: (Wrong)

CM Punk? Seriously? I would hope the WWE took note that when Christian, MVP and Shelton Benjamin were climbing the ladders the place was losing it. CM Punk wins and I hear boos and see garbage tossed into the ring. There was a lot of cool moves in this, especially from Kingston and Benjamin, and I think it would have been a real standout with a better choice of a winner.

This match also featured my favorite move of the night. It came after the botched sunset flip power bomb with Benjamin and MVP. Benjamin the picks up MVP like he is going to power bomb him and simply throws him over the top rope into a wall. That is what I like to call bad ass.

Chris Jericho Vs. Jimmy Snuka, Ricky Steamboat and Roddy Piper: (Wrong)

I'm not sure what the bigger surprise was, Chris Jericho winning or Ricky Steamboat's performance! This was a great match and watching Jericho wrestle Steamboat one on one was awesome. The interaction between those two was more entertaining than the main events we saw tonight, amazing. You also got to see Flair mix it up in the ring and Mickey Rourke too!

Shawn Michaels Vs. The Undertaker: (Correct)

This was an awesome match and love it or hate it the streak lives on. This was by far the best match of the night for me and judging by the crowd in Austin I don't think I am alone in that. I would like to give props to the cameraman who was crushed by the Undertaker during this match. Whoever he is, he took one of the hardest bumps of the night.

Jeff Hardy Vs. Matt Hardy (Extreme Rules): (Wrong)

Matt ditched the Hardy Boyz look and wins! So much for my Jeff Hardy guess. All in all it was a cool match with some pretty nasty bumps and high spots. Jeff's coccyx probably exploded after missing that leapfrog dropkick off of the ladder. Matt's twist of fate with the chair at the end was brutal too! I also think this was the first Wrestlemania where someone was hit with a shop vac, I could be wrong though.

JBL Vs. Rey Mysterio (Intercontinental Title): (Correct)

Rey Mysterio comes out as The Joker and beats JBL so quickly he gets upset and quits. It was an odd match but at least I guessed it correctly.


The Miz & Morrison Vs. The Colons (Tag Team Unification): (Wrong)

The Colons beat The Miz and Morrison and become the unified tag champs. Somewhere a child cries and wonders if god really exists.

Edge (c) Vs. Big Show Vs. John Cena (World Heavyweight Championship): (Correct)

First off, John Cena's introduction was lame as lame can be. The WWE continues to bury their heads in the sand by putting the belt back on Cena, ignoring the boos and garbage thrown in the ring as he holds the belt high.

HHH (c) Vs. Randy Orton (WWE Championship): (Wrong)

This match was a big let down for me. The crowd was not into it and they seemed to be more distracted with something happening in the crowd behind the announce tables. It was oddly paced and did anyone think the finish of this match was anticlimactic like I did? I think the WWE missed a real opportunity by not putting the belt on Orton.

If you are keeping score that means I went 3/9 with my predictions. Not my best outing but better luck next time I suppose. I enjoyed watching the whole show but was disappointed with the main events. The draft and Backlash are coming up soon so hopefully some of these "wrongs" can be righted then, fingers are crossed.

Please feel free to leave your thoughts on the show as well.

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately I missed the show last night and Im rather upset about it. However, thank god for you to completely update me.
    Why not look online you ask?
    Oh because work is dumb and has blocked wwe.com due to "swimsuit and intimate apparell"
    great.

    So thanks for the updates Chad! totally worth the read! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything...HBK/Taker stole the show, Steamboat put on a great performance, HHH and CM Punk should not have won

    Although my predictions were slightly better, doesnt mean I'm excited about it

    the only thing that would have made this better for me was to have been there

    enjoyed the show, but I agree, could have been better

    ReplyDelete